Search Linux Wireless

Re: brcm80211 (with bcm4329-chip)

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Franky Lin <frankyl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> [    5.390000] mmc1: Got data interrupt 0x00200000 even though no data
>> operation was in progress.
>
> This is weird.
> #define  SDHCI_INT_ADMA_ERROR   0x02000000
> Could you check why the the SDIO host controller is generating this kind of
> interrupt?

>From the doc:
"This bit is set if the Host Controller detects errors during
ADMA based data transfer. The state of the ADMA at an
error occurrence is saved in the ADMA Error Status
Register, In addition, the Host Controller generates this
Interrupt if it detects invalid descriptor data (Valid=0) at
the ST_FDS state. ADMA Error State in the ADMA Error
Status indicates that an error occurs in ST_FDS state.
The Host Driver may find that Valid bit is not set at the
error descriptor."

> Also, comment out the line "brcmf_msg_level = BRCMF_ERROR_VAL;" in
> brcmf_c_init of dhd_common.c. Then insert fullmac module by
> insmod brcmfmac.ko brcmf_msg_level=0x7. This will give you a more detail log
> of brcmfmac. But I am suspecting even the first SDIO read command failed.

Hmm, doing that, and loading this as a module instead of compiling it into the
kernel seemed to work.

Is there a reason for this not working when being compiled into the kernel? Is
it possible that I need to change the order of  some of the units
being initialized
in my machine-description / init?

I'm attaching the log from modprobe.

Regards,