Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Bug?] Machine hangs, rtl8192se possible cause

On 09/22/2011 11:06 AM, Edwin wrote:

Did you ever find any solution to this issue? Because I got very similar
problems with my laptop, which is the same as Fedewicz'.

Although the issues started to appear after I upgraded from kernel 2.6.something
to kernel 3.0.4-1. Before that I only had issues causing the laptop to freeze
after resuming form suspend or hibernation, if the rtl8192se module wasn't
unloaded before issuing pm-suspend.

I might add that the freezes have just occurred when I'm on my school's network,
using WPA2 with PEAP and MSCHAPv2. I have yet to see it freeze when connected to
a unsecured network, but that might just be an coincidence.

I don't know if I'm able to get any dumps. And I can't try to do a magic sysrq
either, as the laptop is missing the SysRq-key...

No, I have nothing further. These freezes do not happen here and no one has submitted any traceback information.

Please try the following sequence:

modprobe -rv rtl8192se
modprobe -v rfl8192se ips=0

That will disable power save, which might be a cause of the problem.

Larry