Search Linux Wireless

Re: pull request: iwlegacy 2011-09-14

On 09/19/2011 05:24 PM, Greg Dietsche wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 15:31:22 -0400, John W. Linville wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 10:59:16AM +0200, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
John,

Please pull iwlegacy cleanup changes done by Greg and me, intended
for 3.2. These request include huge patches with file renaming and
automatic code processing done by sed and indent. Work of changing
iwlegacy driver into something that I could consider maintainable
is not done yet, but these massive changes bring closer into that.
Hopefully with having clean, maintainable code I will be able to
fix some nasty, not easy reproducible bugs, we still have in the
iwlegacy driver.

Thanks.

The following changes since commit
d82cdad64a0127611724c61849a8487d69fb76ef:

Merge branch 'master' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next
(2011-08-30 16:34:33 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

git://github.com/dietsche/linux.git
wireless-next-iwlegacy-stanislaw-greg

It looks like you pulled something other than wireless-next into this
tree. If you want me to pull directly, then you need to based your
tree (or at least the branch I'm pulling) on wireless-next
exclusively.

Sorry for the confusing branch name! I was naming it based on which
kernel release the code is for and not where it was branched from. Also,
I hadn't anticipated that my git tree might end up in pull request...

The branch wireless-next-iwlegacy-stanislaw-greg is based on John's
wireless-testing tree. Looking at previous emails in this thread, we
referred to wireless-testing as the base for the changes, so branching
from wireless-testing was done on purpose.

I briefly tried to apply the patch set to wireless-next, but it doesn't
like Stanislaw's second patch (rename iwl to il). So some work will need
to be done if we really need to pull into wireless-next.

I'm not real familiar with the pull process... so let me know if you'd
like me to do something.

Greg

To make things less confusing, I created a new branch and pushed it. you can pull from here if you'd like: git://github.com/dietsche/linux.git wireless-testing-2011-09-14-iwlegacy-cleanup

Greg