Search Linux Wireless

Re: About the patch: "staging: brcm80211: only enable brcmsmac if bcma is not set"

On 09/13/2011 12:44 PM, John W. Linville wrote:

We are going to have to find a way to get brcmsmac into the
wireless-next tree to make it feasible for the Broadcom guys to get
bcma support into that driver.  Do you agree?

We could move it under the drivers/net/wireless tree.  Or, maybe I
could negotiate with Greg to keep it under the drivers/staging tree
but to let me manage it under wireless-next.  Or...?  Do you have
any thoughts on this?

Based on the earlier comments, I still see lots of problems in getting brcmsmac into the drivers/net/wireless tree; however, the solution where Greg lets you manage that part of drivers/staging does not seem to cause too many problems, as long as he is kept in the loop. If you could push those changes through Greg rather than DaveM, I don't think he would lose any control.

Larry