Search Linux Wireless

Re: Problem with wl1271

On 09/05/2011 11:08 AM, Ilya Ledvich wrote:
On 08/31/2011 01:31 PM, Luciano Coelho wrote:
Hi Ilya,

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 17:22 +0300, Ilya Ledvich wrote:
On 08/29/2011 05:19 PM, Luciano Coelho wrote:
On Mon, 2011-08-29 at 16:59 +0300, Ilya Ledvich wrote:
I load the wl12xx_sdio module and then set the interface up; no
obvious
error
is seen. When I run any other command (e.g. interface down/up,
iwlist scan).
I have "/wl1271: ERROR ELP wakeup timeout!/" error. Then the driver
tries to
recover the chip; this eventually leads to the
"/wl1271: ERROR sdio read failed (-110)/" error. The log file for
ifconfig wlan0 up - down - up sequence is attached.
This looks like an SDIO power management problem. Do you have
CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME enabled in your kernel?

Can you send us your .config and the patch where you modified the
board-cm-t35.c file?

Hi Luciano,
Sorry, my mailer converted the previous e-mail to html...
I thank you for fast response.
The required files are are attached. The CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME is enabled
indeed.

This seems to be a problem in your board file. You have probably not
configured the interrupt line correctly. Are you sure all the MUXing is
correct? Also, please check the regulator settings for your card.

I have attached the patch I use to add this stuff to my beagleboard.
Take a look at it and see if you find some more information about what
you need to change in your board file.

I hope this helps.

Hi,

First, thank you all for the help.
I moved the evaluation kit from the mmc[0] (OMAP MMC 1 controller) to
the mmc[1] (OMAP MMC 2 controller) because I had some problem with the
VMMC1 regulator registration that I didn't manage to fix.
Additionally, I connected the WLAN_EN pin to the GPIO170. The WLAN_IRQ
pin is still not connected. Is it possible to use the SDIO IRQ instead?
(The comment line in the struct wl12xx_platform_data defined in the
include/linux/wl12xx.h: /* SDIO only: IRQ number if WLAN_IRQ line is
used, 0 for SDIO IRQs */ states it's possible). Otherwise we have to
make hardware changes (wire up) on the evalkit that is not desired
because we have no schematics of the evaluation board.
I added the missing code for the fixed regulator including the GPIO170
in the board file. The patch is attached.
I checked the MUXing as well. Everything excepting the GPIO170 is done
in the omap_hsmmc_mux() function. The GPIO170 mux configuration is added
in the patch.
However I still having the same error and the module behaviour is still
the same.
Do you think connecting the WLAN_IRQ pin to a GPIO most probably fixes
the problem?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Ilya.

Hi,

We managed to found and connect the WLAN_IRQ line to a OMAP GPIO pin.
As a result the problem is fixed, and the module appears to be
working!
Thank you all. Special thanks for Luciano and Ido. Your assistance is
keenly appreciated!

Best regards,
Ilya.