Search Linux Wireless

Re: force wifi radio to sleep immediately

On 08/24/2011 12:12 PM, Hao Han wrote:
Thank you for your quick reply, Gr. AvS.

According to my understanding, in power save mode (PSM), the station
will go to sleep immediately (i.e. maintaining a very low power) after
sending packet with pwr mgt bit in 802.11 mac header setting to 1.

My question is if we can force the station to go to such a low power
level by calling some function.

It seems to me that it costs extra time to disable/enable the radio,
right? I hope to do it very quickly.

I appreicate your help!

Best,
Hao

I see. Your question is really about power save, which involves more that the radio. Power save is a process better left to the device so there is no interface in place to force that upon a driver/device.

Gr. AvS

--
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --