Search Linux Wireless

Re: force wifi radio to sleep immediately

On 08/24/2011 10:43 AM, Hao Han wrote:
Dear All,

I am currently working on a research project based on BCM4329 driver
on Nexus One. In the project, I am trying to control wifi radio to sleep
and wake up manually (i.e without setting PM_OFF, PM_FAST, or PM_MAX mode). I
have digged into the source code for a while, but till now I have no
idea how to do that. If possible, could anyone please tell me if there is
any function I can call to force wifi radio to sleep or wake up
immediately.

Any hint is appreciated. Thank you!

Best,
Hao
--

Hi Hao,

Could please elaborate on what 'wifi radio' means in your description. It makes me think about RFKILL, but that may not be the thing you are looking for. With it you can disable/enable the radio within the wireless chipset. The terms sleep and wakeup feel a little odd when talking about radios.

Gr. AvS

--
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --