Search Linux Wireless

bison++ detection (was: Problem Building carl9170)

On Wednesday, August 17, 2011 03:03:16 AM Panu Avakul wrote:
> Hello, some one in the cmake mailing list point out to me that
> In line 296 of the CMakeCache.txt
> FIND_PACKAGE_MESSAGE_DETAILS_BISON:INTERNAL=[/usr/bin/bison][vbison++
> Version 1.21.9-1, adapted from GNU bison by coetmeur@xxxxxxx
> Maintained by Magnus Ekdahl <magnus@xxxxxxxxxx>()]
>
> There is a \n character in it.
> I went to tried use command bison --version and it print out the same
> lines in two separate line and that might be where the parsing problem
> came from.
I don't think that the \n is a problem, because my bison prints lots of
them as well.

$ bison --version
> bison (GNU Bison) 2.4.1
> Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.

But apparently, bison++ is not compatible with bison files we use [actually,
the build system kconfig was taken from the linux kernel]. I would suggest to
try the original non-plusplus bison: http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/bison

Anyway, carl9170 uses cmake's own bison detection script from
/usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindBISON.cmake
So I guess there should be a note somewhere that the current
FindBISON.cmake does not work with bison++ very well and it
should be able to detect the incompatible bison++ in the
future.

Regards,
	Chr