Search Linux Wireless

Re: IBSS channel support

Thanks.
I think I can use it

On 29/07/11 17:54, Dan Williams wrote:
On Fri, 2011-07-29 at 17:27 +0200, p4u wrote:
Hi,
This is my first mail to this list, I'm Pau from Barcelona working in
guifi.net (wireless community)
First of all I want to say thank you guys for your amazing job :-)

Now, I have a little question. Using command "iw phy phy0 info" I can
see that IBSS mode is only avaiable in some channels for 5ghz spectrum.
I have been looking for information about it, but I cannot find from
what depends if some channel can by used in IBSS mode or not. So I think
it depends on the driver and on the regdomain, is it right?
Yes.

Also I'm working in some scripts, and I need to know if a channel has
IBSS support or not. The only way I found is with iw command, but pharse
this data is very dirty. Furthermore I can read in the end of iw help:

"Do NOT screenscrape this tool, we don't consider its output stable."

So I need another way to get this information. Any idea?
Couldn't you use the CRDA database?  That's got bits that indicate
whether or not some channels allow IBSS in your domain or not.

http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/

Dan

--
./p4u