Search Linux Wireless

IBSS channel support

Hi,
This is my first mail to this list, I'm Pau from Barcelona working in guifi.net (wireless community)
First of all I want to say thank you guys for your amazing job :-)

Now, I have a little question. Using command "iw phy phy0 info" I can see that IBSS mode is only avaiable in some channels for 5ghz spectrum. I have been looking for information about it, but I cannot find from what depends if some channel can by used in IBSS mode or not. So I think it depends on the driver and on the regdomain, is it right?

Also I'm working in some scripts, and I need to know if a channel has IBSS support or not. The only way I found is with iw command, but pharse this data is very dirty. Furthermore I can read in the end of iw help:

"Do NOT screenscrape this tool, we don't consider its output stable."

So I need another way to get this information. Any idea?

Thank you.

--
./p4u