Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC/RFT v2 00/12] ath9k: ASPM fixes

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 09:11:50AM -0700, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:14:47 +0200
> Stanislaw Gruszka <sgruszka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > This patch series try to fix ath9k ASPM. Some of patches are cleanup
> > only or do merging common code (with e1000e driver).
> >
> > With CONFIG_PCIEASPM it's possible to change ASPM settings on runtime
> > via /sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy . However most drivers
> > I looked at assume this setting is constant. I add a callback to pci
> > driver to inform about the change, and allow driver to do needed hw
> > related changes. Currently only ath9k implement the callback, but
> > I think it will be useful for other drivers (i.e. iwlwifi, rtlwifi)
> > that do some own ASPM handling.
> >
> > These patches needs wide testing as they may work on some systems
> > and not work on others, that can depend on PCIe bridges.
>
> These look fine, I remember seeing a place where e1000e could use this
> just recently and it looks like you took care of it.

Yep, accually some pci changes I did was based on e1000e code.

> We may be able to sneak this in to 3.1 to make things easier on the
> dependent drivers, but it'll have to wait until I send my pull request
> for the first batch of PCI changes (probably today).

This could go 3.2, except first patch (ath9k specific) which directly
address system lockups. I'm going to a bit rework and post 1st patch
today. Rest patches from the series I'll repost next week.

Thanks
Stanislaw