Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC/RFT v2 00/12] ath9k: ASPM fixes

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 14:14:47 +0200
Stanislaw Gruszka <sgruszka@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch series try to fix ath9k ASPM. Some of patches are cleanup
> only or do merging common code (with e1000e driver).
>
> With CONFIG_PCIEASPM it's possible to change ASPM settings on runtime
> via /sys/module/pcie_aspm/parameters/policy . However most drivers
> I looked at assume this setting is constant. I add a callback to pci
> driver to inform about the change, and allow driver to do needed hw
> related changes. Currently only ath9k implement the callback, but
> I think it will be useful for other drivers (i.e. iwlwifi, rtlwifi)
> that do some own ASPM handling.
>
> These patches needs wide testing as they may work on some systems
> and not work on others, that can depend on PCIe bridges.

These look fine, I remember seeing a place where e1000e could use this
just recently and it looks like you took care of it.

We may be able to sneak this in to 3.1 to make things easier on the
dependent drivers, but it'll have to wait until I send my pull request
for the first batch of PCI changes (probably today).