Search Linux Wireless

Re: Looking for 3x3 Atheros NICs using ath9k driver.

On 05/10/2011 01:51 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
On 05/09/2011 07:21 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
On 10 May 2011 03:05, Ben Greear<greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The NIC is still showing up funky on the other system (Atom), even
with the
same 39-rc6+ kernel.

This NIC is reliably showing up wrong on in this system, and the other
is reliably showing up well, so I think the problem must be with
the NIC or perhaps the ath9k driver.

When you say "other NIC", you mean "BC1A" revision, rather than "AC1E" ?

If anyone has any suggestions for how to debug this further, I'm
interested...

I found something interesting:  In a third system, the NIC also fails
when in the pci <-> mini-pci adapter card, but it works
when plugged directly to the motherboard mini-pci slot.  So, in two
of the three systems with on-board mini-pci, it works, and in two of the three
systems it fails when using the adapter board.  So, I assume the problem
must be related to a bad interaction with the adapter board.

Could be that the bug is entirely in the adapter board..though of
course other NICs work fine in that adapter board....

Thanks,
Ben

Can you try (much) earlier kernels? Ignore ath9k; ath9k shouldn't be
needed for the card device id to be setup on PCI bus reset or whenever
specifically it happens.

I tried a stock F14 .35 kernel, same problem.

I tried booting a .29 kernel, but F14 won't boot
on so old of a kernel.

Current plan is to just stick it in one of the VIA systems
that it functions in and use it for testing..and never buy any
more of those SR71-A NICs.

The sparklan 127N 3x3 pci-e seems to be working very well, so
I plan to start using them instead.

Thanks,
Ben

--