Search Linux Wireless

Re: rtl8188ce drivers...

On 05/09/2011 09:49 PM, Bojan Ilievski wrote:
I really don't know, if you know how please redirect me to
forums/wikis/howtos... And if not, would it be possible for you to put
it on your TODO list? Is the list generated by you, or the users? I
really don't know how this things work, but I am sure that many users
would appreciate if you could get packet injection to work with the
rtl8192ce driver. For example, I am a student on Informatics and
Computer Engineering, and I have a class about Wireless Computer
Networks, and one of the subjects of the class is wireless security,
so I could really use the ability to test wireless networks. Sorry for
bothering you, and wasting your time, but I don't know where else can
I ask for help.

First of all, I added the wireless mailing list to my first reply. Never drop any items when replying - always use "Reply-to-all".

I don't know how to create a virtual interface and use it to inject packets, but I think it can be done. I was hoping that someone on the mailing list would provide a reference.

The TODO list is mine. I really have no interest in helping network crackers, even if your goals are honorable. You, however, are free to develop packet injection for the RTL8192CE. That is one of the benefits of using Linux.

Be aware that I am an unpaid volunteer and my work on drivers is aimed at helping the most users that I can. My current TODO list includes continuing reverse engineering support for the 802.11n Broadcom devices, adding a driver for the Realtek RTL8192DE, developing a mac80211-based driver for the RTL8187SE, developing a mac80211-based driver for the RTL8192SU, and maintaining general operations for the RTL8192CE, RTL8192CU, and RTL8192SE. That list will keep me busy for some time.

Larry