Search Linux Wireless

Re: new utility kernel module for detecting cores in newer chipsets

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 03:52:56PM +0100, RafaÅ MiÅecki wrote:
> 2011/3/21 Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > I have no objections to what you want at all, why do you think I do?
> > I'm just handling getting the stuff in drivers/staging/ out of there,
> > that's it. ÂI trust the rest of you all to handle the design decisions
> > properly.
> >
> > And as there is no code here yet to complain about, I fail to see any
> > problem yet :)
>
> It was not directly to you, I believe you already many things to worry
> about, and are not really interested in getting into another driver
> layout :)

Then why was I the only one on the "To:" line?  Please be more careful
in the future.

> I expected Michael and Arend to talk with us (mostly me and George)
> about current situation.

For some reason, there was a seprate thread without the mailing list on
it about this topic where Michael did discuss this.  Maybe he will
summarize that here for everyone else now.

thanks,

greg k-h