Search Linux Wireless

Re: new utility kernel module for detecting cores in newer chipsets

2011/3/21 Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In digging through my archives, yes I did.
>
> But the proper thing to do is to quote portions in which you refer to
> when talking about them. ÂOtherwise the reciever can easily be lost.
>
> Remember, some of us get _thousands_ of emails a day. ÂRemembering
> context based on a subject: line is impossible, especially when the
> thread is long gone from my inbox and buried in my archive.

Right, sorry for that.

>> The case is, we discussed ssb/ai driver layout few days ago. George
>> shared idea of layout I agree with, nobody shared any objections. If
>> everything goes fine, we should have nicely modularized driver/project
>> supporting Broadcom's buses.
>>
>> In this situation I'm not really interested is simple ai driver
>> stripped from brcm80211. According to me, it would led to harder
>> maintenance and harder implementation of support for such a driver in
>> b43.
>
> Ok, and I trust that you and Michael will work things out.
>
> I have no objections to what you want at all, why do you think I do?
> I'm just handling getting the stuff in drivers/staging/ out of there,
> that's it. ÂI trust the rest of you all to handle the design decisions
> properly.
>
> And as there is no code here yet to complain about, I fail to see any
> problem yet :)

It was not directly to you, I believe you already many things to worry
about, and are not really interested in getting into another driver
layout :)

I expected Michael and Arend to talk with us (mostly me and George)
about current situation.

--
RafaÅ