Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k causes lockups since kernel 2.6.35

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 16:57:45 +0000
Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 21:37:25 +0530
> Mohammed Shafi <shafi.ath9k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Can you please get those messages with net console ?

No, I can't get it to work. I found a good guide at
<http://www.novell.com/communities/node/4753/netconsole-howto-send-kernel-boot-messages-over-ethernet>
and adapted it for Debian but absolutely no messages appear. I connected
it via Ethernet to another netbook which runs Ubuntu. On the Debian one
(the one with the problem I want to debug) I added to
/etc/network/interfaces:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.20
    netmask 255.255.255.0

and on Ubuntu:

auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
    address 10.0.0.10
    netmask 255.255.255.0

On the Debian one I added netconsole to
/etc/modules and created /etc/modprobe.d/netconsole.conf containing:

options netconsole netconsole=4444@xxxxxxxxx/eth0,6666@xxxxxxxxx/00:1E:68:DD:DB:40

On the Ubuntu one I ran:

nc -l -u 6666

I've double-checked the addresses etc and verified that the link is up
and the netconsole module is loaded, but no messages appear.

> > > If I enable debugging is there a way to get it to sync to disc after
> > > every message? I think the developers are going to need at least that
> > > information to be able to track this down.
> >
> > Yes sure, that could narrow down the issue.
>
> I'll try that first because it should be easier than setting up net
> console.

I tried to reconfigure rsyslog to sync on each message but it didn't log
anything useful :-(.