Search Linux Wireless

Re: [ath9k-devel] ath9k causes lockups since kernel 2.6.35

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:21:32 +0530
> Mohammed Shafi <shafi.ath9k@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snip]
>
> The above was from my original message before I worked out that the
> problem was in the wireless because disabling and reneabling wireless,
> killing the ath9k module etc, would often produce similar crashes, but
> suspend seems to do it more consistently.

Ok.

> I meant *un*responsive of course!

Can you please get those messages with net console ?

> If I enable debugging is there a way to get it to sync to disc after
> every message? I think the developers are going to need at least that
> information to be able to track this down.

Yes sure, that could narrow down the issue.

>> is this issue still reproducible ?
>
> Yes :-(.

It would be highly helpful if this issue is reproducible in the latest
wireless testing or compat wireless. It will help us to fix it cleanly

>> Apart from this reporting I have not seen any other  issues for AR9285.
>
> Strange, isn't it. I can't be the only person trying to use a recent
> version of Linux on one of these netbooks, but I couldn't find any
> similar complaints on Google. Maybe mine has an obscure fault which is
> only triggered by a feature supported in the newer kernels.

also need to rule out its a platform independent issue.