Search Linux Wireless

Re: UPDATE -- Need Linux driver (preferably 64 bit) for "Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (rev 34)" WiFI & Bluetooth card ...

  > > In working with the kernel.org linux-wireless  developers, the conclusion
  > > from one developer was that, though generally  speaking the
  > > "Centrino Advanced-N 6230 AGN" card is supported by the  "iwlagn" kernel
  > > module, it seems that the stock kernel module provided  in the
  > > Fedora 14 kernel package (circa 2.6.35.10-74.fc14.x86_64), does  not
  > > support the this card.
  > >
  > > In other words, though code  in the main kernel.org git repository does
  > > show support for the card  (via iwlagn kernel module), Fedora 14's
  > > rendition/distribution of that  does not.
  >
  > The point you seem to be missing is that your hardware is very  new,
  > and the current Fedora 14 kernel is an "ancient" 6+ months  old.

The point wasn't missed. In fact I highlighted the Fedora kernel
version, and my card model to expressly make the point. Moreover,
one of my suggested work-arounds was to try a newer kernel module
(via compat-wireless) so as to bridge bridge that gap for this issue.

  > > Command  output during my debugging session with the developers is
  > > shown below  for completeness, and in case the Fedora folks are
  > >  monitoring.
  >
  > I'm sorry, but your acquisition of bleeding-edge hardware  does not
  > merit a change in the normal Fedora release  policy.

Nothing in my email asked or expected them to. Still, the community
in general should know what's going on. And, I did suggest two
work-arounds in my email, neither of which asks anything of Fedora.

  > P.S. I apologize if this seems rude -- that is  not my intent.

Ah... This postscript repairs everything.