Search Linux Wireless

Re: ath9k_hw_check_alive routine

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Felix Fietkau <nbd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2011-01-10 1:23 PM, Bill Jordan wrote:
>>
>> This routine is failing a lot on my AR9160. The ((reg&  0x7E7FFFEF) ==
>> 0x00702400) test is the one that always fails. There is no debug
>> messages in this path, so it may not be obvious whether others are
>> experiencing the problem.
>>
>> This forces ath9k_tasklet to reset the hardware. If I increase the
>> count to 500, I can eliminate most of the resets, so the hardware
>> isn't really hung. However, it sometimes takes over 25 milliseconds
>> before the test condition passes.
>>
>> I don't have specs for the radio, and the numeric constants aren't
>> very useful, so I can't tell what condition we are waiting for or why.
>>
>> Can someone with a spec shed some light on this problem?
>
> I just posted a 4-patch series, the last patch of that should take care of
> this problem. Please test.
>
> - Felix

I tried your patch. It improved the situation, but it still reset
every couple minutes. It also seems to reset a few times in quick
succession every time it resets. What is the routine testing for? Is
this a test for a stuck transmitter? I'm in a very noisy environment,
and it could take a while to transmit.

Bill Jordan