Search Linux Wireless

Re: RTL8187L: Can only "enable" hw radio switch after Windows boot

On 11/22/2010 01:13 PM, Klaas De Craemer wrote:
> Not sure if you meant this, but the box itself is inside (warm), only
> the transceiver is outside.
> Just to be sure, I skipped trying it in Linux first today and
> immediately plugged it in my Windows laptop: instant connection. Next
> I plugged it in Linux and it works fine. This way the device had no
> time to "warm up" because of first being powered in Linux.
>
> I cannot easily take it inside without unscrewing the antenna (a dish
> with biquad feeder). So I'll try it without antenna tomorrow.

If it is not too much trouble, please try it with the transceiver box warm. In
the meantime, I will do a USB dump of rtl8187 and the Windows driver using an XP
system that I have as a VM. Please check in the device manager on your Windows
box and get the driver version.

Thanks,

Larry