Search Linux Wireless

Re: pull request: bluetooth-2.6 2010-11-22

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 04:14:11PM -0200, Gustavo F. Padovan wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Following batch is intended to 2.6.37, it includes a very trivial return
> err fix from myself and an remote name request fix from Johan Hedberg.
> This fix move the remote name request (during the connection creation
> process) to the kernelspace. In addition we have removed this operation
> from BlueZ in userspace. Quoting part of Johan's patch which already
> explain the change:
>
>    "So far userspace has been responsible for this extra name request but
>     tighter control is needed in order not to flood Bluetooth controllers
>     with two many commands during connection creation. It has been shown
>     that some controllers simply fail to function correctly if they get too
>     many (almost) simultaneous commands during connection creation. The
>     simplest way to acheive better control of these commands is to move
>     their sending completely to the kernel side."
>
> As side effect, we have a clean up patch in preparation to this fix.
>
> Please pull, or let me know any problems you find here. Thanks.

The return code fix seems reasonable -- small and obvious, etc.

The other fixes are larger than I would like to see.  What is the
effect of the bug?  Does the Bluetooth controller stop completely?
Does it cause a crash?

Is this a newly-introduced bug?  Or one that has been around for
a while?

John
linville@xxxxxxxxxxxxx			might be all we have.  Be ready.