Search Linux Wireless

Re: Modifying the driver iwlwifi

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Blaise Gassend <blaise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Johannes Berg
> <johannes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 14:17 -0200, Cassiano Tartari, Eng. wrote:
>>> Its basic idea is that a client doesn't wait each
>>> response to go to the next step, so just do: AUTH REQ -> ASSOC REQ ->
>>> DHCP DISC -> DHCP REQ -> ARP QUERY and a PING THROUGH to verify that
>>> an end-to-end connection is available.
>>
>> I'd just like to point out that for various reasons (that I invite you
>> to research for yourself) there's no way this can work in encrypted
>> networks, or against compliant/certified access points.

In my work, I could use a open network.

How can I know if a AP is "compliant/certified" ? I'm such a newbie.

I read in the manual of the AP: The DWL-2100AP is also interoperable
with other 802.11g and 802.11b
standards-compliant devices.

> I had a look at the paper, and the original poster seems to have
> exaggerated the paper's claims. They do indeed do the authentication
> and association request before getting responses. For everything else,
> they wait to get the response for the previous stage. The main
> difference is that they greatly reduce the timeouts before retrying at
> each stage. The paper is also limited to non-encrypted networks.

My objetive in my current job is just that, reduce the time of authentication.

Someone has a better idea or solution to reduce the association time?
I need to use DHCP and could be a open network.