Search Linux Wireless

Re: Compat-wireless N900

On 25/10/2010 4:03, Kalle Valo wrote:
George<george.news@xxxxxxx>  writes:

It seems that it tries to do something but it is not finally done.
However, as you can see it seems there is no error (at least
reported). Could it be that spi_read buf is almost everytime reading
00 00 00 00?

If you get nothing but zeros back from the device, most likely that
means that it's not powered up properly.

wl1251 chip on n900 is powered up by using a gpio line. I'm worried
that the struct wl12xx_platform_data wl1251 wireless-compat driver
expects (defined in /include/linux/wl12xx.h) doesn't match what the
old maemo kernel provides. Unfortunately I can't remember anymore what
the platform data was like in maemo kernels and there's no easy way
for me to check that right now.

Thanks a lot for that hint. Now I'm involved in another issue but when I have more time I will look at those .h, but don't expect too much from me as I'm not expert but just user.

Thanks a lot.