Search Linux Wireless

memory leak in scan with 9170?

I have modified my code that is using a 9170. I am really concerned about roaming and so am testing that pretty hard. Yesterday I had a loop that forced a DISCONNECT followed by a REASSOCIATE every 30 seconds. After between 1:30 and 1:40 it failed by no longer receiving scan results. When I looked into a log, the very last scan results that I received had a reduced number of BSSs, down from 10-12 per scan to 4, then the next scan was zero. It never recovered. All scans always failed to return any results from then on and, of course, the re-associate failed. This 'feels' to me like a memory leak somewhere, either in the firmware or the driver. I am running the 2.6.31 kernel/driver and the dual file firmware and version 0.6.10 of the supplicant. At the moment I am running another test where it roams every 60 seconds rather than 30 seconds to see what kind of difference that makes. I know that my kernel is old, but for now I don't have a choice. Does anyone have any experience like this or insight into this new problem? This is an embedded device that doesn't have the memory of a PC. Is there some way that I could instrument something to check this?

Thank you,
Chuck