Search Linux Wireless

RE: mac80211-based commercial router?

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for your email.

I am new to Linux development. So if I understood well, I will:
- buy few routers(to make AP-Station Model) e..g RouterStation Pro or DIR-300, WNDR3700 from open market.
- Just unscrew the box and connect with PC viz UART or JTAG whatever supports available.
- Now just to start, I want to recompile the complete image. For this:
   Is all the main() application open source and downloadable from svn? e.g. C code..
   Drivers are all part of linux release i.e. backfire..., is it true?
- I can use a linux IDE to build my application with any changes, is it so?
- and then flash the image back in the hardware...

Many thanks for your response, as I am little confused at this moment, so many thing running in mind about open source, linux etc...:)

Thanks & Regards,
Sushil Dutt

Centre for Communications Engineering Research

School of Engineering

Edith Cowan University

100 Joondalup Drive, Joondalup WA 6027, Australia.

Telephone: (61 8) 6304 5318 or (61 8) 6304 5458