Search Linux Wireless

Re: Hi,Linus Torvalds. There's a problem in r8192u driver in Linux new kernel.

Gauss,

What is the USB ID for your device. The reason I'm asking is that Florian and I
have been working on porting a new vendor driver for the 8192u devices. The plan
is to submit this to staging. At the moment, it has been tested with big- and
little-endian, and 32- and 64-bit systems. Everything is working except for
suspend and resume.

If your device is one of those that Realtek says works with this driver, and you
are willing to build a kernel from scratch, I will send you the URL for a git
tree containing it. That will have to be done privately as I'm still waiting for
Realtek to approve the copyright statements in the code. It is GPL'ed, so I do
not expect any difficulties, but their lawyers have to sign off.

Larry