Search Linux Wireless

Re: Hi,Linus Torvalds. There's a problem in r8192u driver in Linux new kernel.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Gauss Frank <gaussfrank@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using Debian and Ubuntu.
>
> In Ubuntu, I compiled Linux 2.6.35-1,which contains RealTek 8192U Wireless
> Driver. I'd installed firmware for r8192u, and I tried to connect to
> wireless.
>
> However, whenever I connect to a wireless-network, The Linux System freezes.
> And the computer can keep only a few time and it must freezes without
> connecting to a wireless network.
>
> I'm using Debian Lenny with an old version of Linux Kernel,2.6.26-2. I
> downloaded the old driver(2008) in www.d-link.com, and compiled, which can't
> be compiled in new Linux Kernel because of some struct or union redefined.
> and it runs well.
>
> So I make sure that the problem is from Linux Kernel or The Driver.

Please don't send reports like this to me privately, there's no point.
I won't be able to fix individual drivers that I don't know. Make a
public report, and try to figure out who is in charge of that driver.

I've added the most active rtl8192 authors/people to the Cc, along
with linux-wireless. Hopefully that includes somebody who can help.

                                        Linus