Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt61pci AP performance issues

Am Dienstag 29 Juni 2010 schrieb David Ellingsworth:
> I haven't conducted any other tests beyond what was bisected in the
> attached log. Performance across all those revisions remained somewhat
> fast, and my markings were based solely on client link failure. Each
> bad commit resulted in the link failing after about 10s while
> transferring a file. At which point, the transfer would stop, the AP
> would be unreachable via pings, but the client remained associated to
> the AP. About 30s after that point, the client would timeout and
> re-associate to the AP reactivating the link.

Could you please check if the queues get stuck in that situation? I was
able to sometimes observe queues getting stuck on rt2800.

Just do the following (on the AP mode machine):

mount -t debugfs none /sys/debug
cat /sys/debug/ieee80211/phy0/queues

That should give you something like:

00: 0x00000000/0
01: 0x00000000/0
02: 0x00000000/0
03: 0x00000000/0

And if there's somewhere a 1 instead of a 0 it means that this queue is
stopped (which can/and must actually happen in some scenarios without
causing problems). If that 1 stays there for longer that means something
didn't start the queue anymore and your connection is most likely stuck.

Helmut