Search Linux Wireless

rt61pci AP performance issues

I've been trying unsuccessfully for some time to use a rt61pci based
wireless card as an Access Point for my network. With kernel version
2.6.32-4 (Debian version) the AP works but has intermittent problems.
Notably, that version continuously prints the message
"ieee80211_tx_status: headroom too small" to my system log and the
driver simply stops working after a random amount of time. The first
of these errors was fixed some time ago after I reported it, but the
other still remains, even with the latest wireless-testing driver, and
there's no indication as to the cause of the issue. With regards to
this issue, it appears that performance steadily drops until it
becomes unusable. With the latest wireless-testing driver I can
reliably reproduce this issue by trying to transfer a large file from
my server to a client. Any help diagnosing and correcting this issue
would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

David Ellingsworth