Search Linux Wireless

How to get the current queue length of a wireless device?

Hi all,

We are currently porting the Net-X framework [University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign] (multi-channel framework) to recent Linux kernels (>= 2.6.34) with the new wireless drivers (ath5k etc.). In corporation with University of Karlstad, we have already ported the framework from 2.4 kernels to 2.6.18 using the madwifi drivers.

Now, we want to produce more generic code and therefore use the new wireless drivers / mac80211. The multi-channel framework is based on an extension of the net bonding drivers, which combines multiple radio/channel pairs to one single virtual device. In order to do the scheduling, it requires knowledge about the current queue length of the individual wireless device for appropriate scheduling. However, we found that "get_tx_stats()" has been removed from mac80211. Which function should we use for getting the queue length?

Any comment is welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Zhongliang and Thomas

--
Zhongliang Zhao, Research Assistant
Institute of Computer Science and Applied Mathematics