Search Linux Wireless

Re: Linux wireless GSoC 2010 project ideas

<pat-lkml@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Would you document this on the wireless WIKI at
>> wireless.kernel.org ?
>>
>> Maybe as different articles, so that this can be a basis of
>> several "HOWTO" articles.
>
> Yeah, I will try to find the time soon.  Any hints as to what needs to be
> documented?  It is, at least in my opinion, pretty trivial to pull off, so
> I'm not certain that anything more than an entry explaining how to create
> additional interfaces is necessary.  Feel free to throw some ideas as to
> what all you'd like to see in the documentation, and I'll write it (them?)

Based on my experiences helping not-so-skilled people:

o even trivial issues need to be documented, assume that the reader
  knows nothing

o examples are best, also try explain in detail what the example
  actually does

o make sure examples really work and are correct :)

o pointers for more information (if there are any)

Just my 0.02 EUR.

--
Kalle Valo