Search Linux Wireless

Re: mac80211: Open bug in current wireless-testing

Luis, Jouni,
I found and read the patch in question. If I understand things correctly,
this provides a way to set a mask that marks the data rates that are
available for the RC algorithm to choose from. This could be translated
into an iw command like this:

iw dev wlan0 rates 54M,11M

and then the current RC algorithm would be limited to choose either 54M or
11M as TX data rate. Is this correct?

Selecting a single fixed data rate would mean to only mark one data rate
as available. I think this meats my requirements in this area. However,
I still have another problem: We use Madwifi to multicast video streams.

With Madwifi we have an iwpriv call that allows the selection of the multicast/broadcast data rate. We need something equivalent for mac80211
before we can make the switch.

--
Regards
       Joerg