Search Linux Wireless

Re: [Madwifi-devel] Survey: What are you using MadWifi for, and why?

Hi Luis.

Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
> You started with: [...] This alone is an invitation for discussion
> between MadWifi and ath5k as supported drivers.

My original motivation is explained on [1]. In a few words: I wonder
whether the MadWifi project has a future, and if yes, what this future
could look like. This includes stuff like "what can the project (as an
entity) do to contribute to bringing ath[59]k forward" and "what can we do
to allow users for a smooth transition from MadWifi to ath[59]k".

I did start the survey in the hope that it helps to identify fields for
improvements, which could also be possible future tasks for the project.
The introduction to the survey is a description of the positions I saw as
answers on my "future of the project" post on the madwifi-project mailing
list. Not more, not less.

Although I have my own opinion an all this I've tried to keep a neutral
position. But to put it straight: I'm not trying to discredit the efforts
and advancements that have been made on ath[59]k. I do not intend to
question whether ath[59]k is the future. I do not intend to revive the
MadWifi (the driver) development in some way or the other, nor am I
promoting to add new features to MadWifi (the driver). And I do not intend
to play off ath5k against MadWifi. So please, stop to allege me of such
BS.

Bye, Mike

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.madwifi.project/165