Search Linux Wireless

Re: Abour linux driver supports BCM4325

On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 21:59 -0500, Larry Finger wrote:
> feng tian wrote:
> > Thank you for the information.
> > I get your point. As for the radio and phy driver, I think it's  some
> > command based configurations for the chip via SDIO. And that I can
> > refer to the BCM 43xx PCI driver codes.
> > Wonder if it's feasible. Needs your comments.
> > Thanks
>
> The first step is to be able to read/write the various registers via
> SDIO. That will be similar to the PCI operations. The next step is
> knowing what to read/write and when. We are still working that out for
> PCI. It is not trivial. See the recent postings of patches for the LP
> pHY in the linux-wireless mailing list. These are _NOT_ complete.

Right.

You have two completely orthogonal problems:

 1) changing b43 so it knows how to talk not just to SSB/PCI/PCMCIA
    chips but also SDIO chips
 2) changing b43 so it knows how to talk to your specific radio/PHY
    chip, and LP PHY

However, 1) is being solved for you by somebody on the IRC channel with
whom Michael is in contact, and 2) is (hopefully) being solved for you
by Larry and Gabor.

Thus, the best thing you can do is familiarise yourself with the
existing efforts and eventually try to put them together and test with
your chip.

johannes