Search Linux Wireless

Re: rt73usb Access point status

Ivo van Doorn wrote:
On Saturday 16 May 2009, Jon Fairbairn wrote:
"Christoph .J Thompson" <cjsthompson@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Tue, 12 May 2009 09:16:12 +0100
Jon Fairbairn <jon.fairbairn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there any prospec of persuading Ralink either to release
a mended version of the firmware or to free the old version?
I think Ivo van Doorn said he didn't want to bother RaLink with that. I was
thinking about writing to them about it but that's difficult because I don't
really understand the technical specifics of the issue.
Me neither; in particular, does it work as an AP in Windows?
If so, how does it get round the bug in the driver?

Simply by indicating that every single frame passed to the driver has
been send out succesfully and thus completely ignoring the real status.

I am awaiting a patch from Alexandre which will add that same behavior
to rt2x00.

Ivo
Ok, I'll sent it soon.

I was trying to figure out the problem with the ARP packets when the wireless interface is bridged with an ethernet. It seems to be a known issue:
https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bridge/2009-May/006382.html
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/Net:Bridge#It_doesn.27t_work_with_my_Wireless_card.21 (kinda old... last modification from 2007)

Alexandre