Search Linux Wireless

Re: how to set antenna iw + ath5k

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Hans Maes <Hans@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any pointers where to look for a simple howto on 'the proper way' to apply
> these patches ?  Any idea when this patch would make it into the git
> repository ?

The best way is to collect all the patches together and use git-am(1).
You need the raw patches, and I'm not sure if you can get them from the
ath5k-devel list archive, but as these were cross-posted to linux-wireless,
you can get them from http://marc.info (use the "download message raw"
link).  You generally need the entire series, all 7 patches in this case.
As a last resort, you can ask the patch author to forward you a copy.

Once you have all the patches, you can apply them individually with
git-am, or as a group if you have them in mbox format.  See its manpage
for details.

The usual alternative is "patch -p1 < foo.patch" but it won't create
git commits for you.

The patches should go in pretty soon, the only thing objected to was the
over 80 col changelog.

>>> Please reply to my personal e-mail address as well, I'm not subscribed to
>>> the list.

It is common etiquette on Linux kernel-related mailing lists to simply do
reply-all -- especially on lkml where most people do not subscribe.

--
Bob Copeland %% www.bobcopeland.com