Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC] rfkill/rfkill-input userspace API

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 12:58 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> This patch set is being posted for comments and ideas.
>
> It implements a sysfs API for the rfkill core that allows userspace to
> completely implement the operations that rfkill-input is capable of.
>
> I am not too happy about it, I think it looks ugly.  But I had no
> better ideas.  Comments and ideas for a better one are welcome.

Can we do it after I rewrite the core to be useful wrt. hard/soft
blocks? Same comments as in my other email apply. I'm sorry to waste
your work on it, but on the other hand you clearly didn't ever care
about it enough to have posted it earlier.

> Note: unless something is done to change the way X.org deals with
> input devices, rfkill-input is _useless_ in a large number of setups
> as far as input event handling goes, because it will never get any
> events after X.org evdev grabs the input device.

Right.

johannes