Search Linux Wireless

Re: Which APs to disregards from in inputting into the bss list

> Do we want to ignore certain APs if we determine they are
> bogus?

I don't have problems with discarding bss entries for the work
case of association. For sure should the association logic check
if it can associate at all.

However, if I do "iwlist XXX scan" or the equivalent "iw"
command, I don't want that mac80211 silently discards entries.
After all, I want to see "what is in the air", e.g. to find out
why I cannot connect.

If we would simply delete entries from the list you'd get
complaints from users "I cannot see AP xyz, but it must be
there, because my laptop with operating system ABC can connect
to it".

Okay, I could probably run kismet or wireshark to see "what is in
the air", but I can imagine a fair number of users that would
see this as intimidating.