Search Linux Wireless

Re: Connection "interruptions"

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

now that I got current wireless-compat snapshots running at all, I'm back to look into what I hoped had been fixed in newer versions: I see arbitrary "interruptions" of the wireless connection. The transfer just halts for a few seconds, no traffic is going over the ether at all. Then suddenly, the connection resumes as if nothing happened. Nothing is being logged by kernel, wpa_supplicant or syslog. This is a draft-n-only thing, it does not happen if I tell either the AP or the driver module to not use draft-n. This is an Intel 5300 board. I am wondering how to further track this down, or how to collect useful data for a bug report. Logging everything with the debug flag is probably not very helpful, since this produces huge logs, and it's not easy to determine the exact point when the connection drops. What might be useful flags for the debug50 parameter to get more information from the driver without getting lost in the sheer amount of debug messages?

No suggestions, anyone?

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/