Search Linux Wireless

Re: integration of opensource firmware with b43 kernel driver

On Jan 23, 2009, at 6:44 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 18:36 +0100, Francesco Gringoli wrote:
Hello,

we have been testing the firmware for a week now and it seems stable.
I personally tested it also on a Linksys WRT54GL and it works both in
station and in AP modes.

Did you try pushing it hard?  i.e. doing a nice big bulk transfer
through it?  Did it reach decent speeds without pegging the CPU with
softirqs?

Can you give details on which kernel(s) and how you built/configured the
router firmware(s)?
Well, I just tested a 500Mbytes bulk transfer and I got a mean throughput of about 5.5Mbit/s, it was a simple infinite wget loop so we can have some slowness due to TCP. However no errors were logged to syslog and the AP is still there, it didn't complain about anything.

I built kamikaze yesterday image (r14144), kernel 2.6.25.17, I used the AP as a station joined to another AP without encryption.

By the way, we did thousands of tests with x86 and we came to the conclusion that there is no performance (throughput) difference if compared to the standard proprietary firmware.

Cheers,
-FG