Search Linux Wireless

Re: wireless-testing, p54 and sinus 154 data no longer works

Christian Lamparter wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2009 17:45:08 Artur Skawina wrote:
>> Christian Lamparter wrote:
>>> Well, I guess you got the latest wireless-testing tree, right?
> [...]
>> will do, after upgrading the kernel (could take a few days).
> hmm... OT: who old is your hostapd version? As far as I can tell AP-mode is still WIP.

hostap-0_6_6-148-g3cf8523 ie git build from ~ dec 24.

> Maybe you can save you alot trouble if your mobile can connect to ad-hoc wifis.

It can, but i'd like to try to get hostap running w/ this hw anyway...

>>> patching out country code?! why that?
>>> currently, hostapd is the only thing that works out-of-the-box :-D
>> hostapd was aborting no matter what country code i configured, so i
>> disabled that, leaving figuring this out for later.
> have you installed crda and udev on your box?
> ( http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Regulatory/CRDA )

yes, but only after patching hostapd; the lockups prevented further
testing...

>> [also hostapd is reporting some TX failures, didn't investigate yet]
> TX failures? do you have hostapd's log of it?

I'll send it in a few minutes, as soon as i'll reproduce it.

>> The machine has 512M, ~100M should be (usually is) free, is under constant light
>> load (typically <2k ints/s, 60% idle) and is running fine for weeks/months between
>> reboots, but locks up after only a few packets go over the hostap driven
>> p54usb device. I need the box to be up, that limits the number of tests i can
>> run, at least as long as the lockups w/o any diagnostics happen...
> Do keyboard-leds "flash" when it locks up, or does console respond
> if you press alt-sysrq-m / alt-sysrq-w on the connected keyboard?

most of the times it happened there was no kbd attached. At least once
when it _was_ connected, sysrq was working, and i saw 0*8KB; that's why
i initially suspected fragmentation.

> ( If your box has a serial port, you can try to get the logs from there...  )

I'll consider setting up another similar machine for testing, so that i'll
be able to run w/ more debugging enabled. I was hoping to avoid it, esp.
as i'm not sure i'll be able to reproduce the problems w/o the load.

thanks,

artur