Search Linux Wireless

Re: AR6k: to rfkill

In Openmoko, we're wondering whether we should make the Atheros AR6k

Let me put that simpler for you Werner :-)

"In Openmoko" we already use the nice rfkill interface to turn our USB bluetooth device on and off... it certainly stops RF emissions from it.

Now we plan to do the same for our AR6001 implementation... it has no switched power to the module, it is "always on". It seems the only way to get it to a low power state is an IOCTL that currently needs to be set by a userspace app.

In the same manner as we switch bluetooth, I have asked Werner to write a patch that will use rfkill to issue the IOCTL to switch the AR6001 into low power / no RF mode.

Does that raise any eyebrows?

-Andy