Search Linux Wireless

Re: linux-next: request to include ath.git tree

Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Kalle,
>
> On Tue, 06 Aug 2024 18:55:38 +0300 Kalle Valo <kvalo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> ath.git is a tree for Atheros and Qualcomm Wi-Fi drivers residing under
>> drivers/net/wireless/ath/. Jeff and I are the maintainers. Over the
>> years multiple people have been requesting including the tree to
>> linux-next and finally we are biting the bullet.
>>
>> So we are requesting to pull two branches from our ath.git tree to linux-next:
>>
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ath/ath.git for-current
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ath/ath.git for-next
>>
>> for-current feeds the wireless tree and for-next feeds the wireless-next
>> tree.
>
> Added from today.

Thanks!

> I have listed just you as a contect, should I list anyone else (or a
> mailing list)?

Please add Jeff and our ath10k list (all our build reports go to the
ath10k list):

Jeff Johnson <jjohnson@xxxxxxxxxx>
ath10k@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

>> Because our for-next branch is very active one problem with is that the
>> chances of having conflicts between the branches is high and that would
>> be extra work for you :/ Do you have any suggestions for this? For
>> example, should we create temporary merges for you or something like
>> that? Just for this reason we do try to keep the number of patches going
>> to for-current minimal and only take important fixes.
>
> Well, your for-next branch should only contain patches that are ready
> for integration i.e. reviewed and unit tested, so it should not be all
> that busy.  I expect you may also have a development branch for patches
> you are still testing.

Yeah, we do have a separate pending branch which is used for testing and
review.

> Otherwise, you should concentrate on your own tree and I will notify
> you of conflicts (and ask advice if the conflicts are too difficult
> for me to resolve).

Great, that sounds good.

--
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/