Search Linux Wireless

linux-next: request to include ath.git tree

Hi Stephen,

ath.git is a tree for Atheros and Qualcomm Wi-Fi drivers residing under
drivers/net/wireless/ath/. Jeff and I are the maintainers. Over the
years multiple people have been requesting including the tree to
linux-next and finally we are biting the bullet.

So we are requesting to pull two branches from our ath.git tree to linux-next:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ath/ath.git for-current
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ath/ath.git for-next

for-current feeds the wireless tree and for-next feeds the wireless-next
tree.

Because our for-next branch is very active one problem with is that the
chances of having conflicts between the branches is high and that would
be extra work for you :/ Do you have any suggestions for this? For
example, should we create temporary merges for you or something like
that? Just for this reason we do try to keep the number of patches going
to for-current minimal and only take important fixes.

Kalle