Search Linux Wireless

Re: [RFC v3 6/8] wifi: mac80211: extend ifcomb check functions for multi-radio

On 12.06.24 14:05, Johannes Berg wrote:
On Fri, 2024-06-07 at 13:04 +0200, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> advertised and try to fail for the allowed limits.

Sure, but that might be an issue either way until user space is updated and users start looking at the per-radio ifcomb data.

I'm kind of with Karthikeyan here - this could be understood as a
regression, since you're now telling userspace something you can't
actually do.

Well, we can actually do it, just with some extra restrictions - i.e. the interfaces we create need to be spread across radios to match the per-radio limits.

The global data is simply not enough to describe the details of the radio split.

Obviously, but that doesn't mean the global data as advertised in the
existing attributes must be *wrong*. It could be a subset, and the
superset data is only available to new implementations.
So you'd prefer something like picking one radio and advertising its limits instead?

- Felix