Search Linux Wireless

Re: Access to ieee80211_conn_settings in the driver?

Hi Ben

> I'm interested in getting access to ieee80211_conn_settings
> struct in drivers.

My first instinct here is to say no. This thing was only introduced
recently, and it was ... difficult ... to do. I don't even want to
imagine I'd have had to worry about a whole bunch of drivers using it
for random purposes as well.

> Specifically, so I can deal with disabling
> 160Mhz in mt76 even if peer is 160Mhz for instance, on a per-station vdev basis.

Not sure how that even makes sense? You have the min_def in the chandef
though, so you could do some bandwidth tricks there for AP side?

> Actually, 160Mhz is bad example, but in case I want to pass other
> association config info into the driver, like disabling as much of
> OFDMA or MU-MIMO as possible.

No idea what that means ... I mean I guess we could add somewhere
(bss_conf?) a flag indicating "things" are needed, e.g. if you're
connecting 160 MHz is it VHT or HE or EHT, to set things accordingly?

> Is this of general interest, and if so, any suggestions for you
> you'd like to see it implemented?

I'd like to _not_ see it implemented :)

johannes