Search Linux Wireless

Re: removing OCB/WAVE/802.11p

On 9/28/2023 8:38 AM, Johannes Berg wrote:
Hi,

CC'ing lots of people who touched or used this in the past in hopes of
triggering some reaction somewhere ...

I'm trying to do some cleanup in IBSS and following that some other
cleanups wrt. station allocation etc., but OCB pretty much copied the
IBSS code in this area, and I don't know how to use it, how to test it,
who's using it, if anyone is actually maintaining it, etc.

Also, it only ever got implemented for ath9k, so I'm guessing it's not
getting any traction in new products/devices.

So I'm probably going to remove it.

Any takers to help maintain it instead?

Do you have an estimate on the footprint of this logic? Do you have a proposed patch?

In addition to ath9k I know there is out-of-tree usage of this functionality, and I'm trying to see if I can find someone to maintain this. But how would that actually work?

/jeff