Search Linux Wireless

Re: iwlwifi hibernate fails (enter fails, leave wifi unusable on resume)

Hi,

On Fri, 2023-06-09 at 12:43 +0000, help.7ocym@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> it's long time that I didn't played with hibernate, so don't know if it's a new or old issue.
>
> my hardware : https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Lenovo_Yoga_900
> I use the pre-built gentoo linux kernel,
> 6.3.6-gentoo-dist #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Jun  5 15:10:53 -00 2023 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
>
> I wanted to re-activate hibernate, even if I mainly use suspend to ram that is working (but when battery runs out the system reboot, and I would like to have it trying to hibernate instead)
>
> so to try hibernate I `echo disk > /sys/power/state`
> the system begin hibernation, then go back to normal, appart the wifi that don't work (the adapter is no more listed)
>
> here is attached a dmesg that contains errors
> please, let me know if it's a known issue, and I will gladly help investigating.
>
> thanks and regards
> JLM
>
> Sent with Proton Mail secure email.

>From the log I see that the driver lost access to the device on the PCIe level.
Can you please try our backport driver from [1], it's our internal tree with
backports. We've seen a few such problems and we have there a few attempts
to overcome this. The instructions on how to build it can be fount at [2],
please use master branch.

[1] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/iwlwifi/backport-iwlwifi.git
[2] https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/users/drivers/iwlwifi/core_release

Thanks,