Search Linux Wireless

RE: pull-request: wireless-next-2023-04-21

I think the extra work Kalle meant is what I mentioned previously --
need functions to convert old tables v1, v2, ... to current. Like,

struct table_v1 { // from file
   __le32 data[10];
};

struct table_v2 { // from file
   __le32 data[20];
};

struct table {    // from file, the latest version of current use
   __le32 data[30];
};

struct table_cpu {  // current table in cpu order
   u32 data[30];
};

If loading a table_v1 table, for example, we need to convert to table_cpu by
some rules. Also, maybe we need to disable some features relay on the values
introduced by table_cpu. I think it will work, but just add some flags and
rules to handle them.

Another question is about number of files for single device. Since firmware and
tables (e.g. TX power, registers) are released by different people, and they
maintain their own version, if I append tables to firmware, it's a little hard
to have a clear version code. So, I would like to know the rule if I can just
add additional one file for these tables?

Ping-Ke